Meet Dr. Chuck Bauer
Dr. Charles Bauer’s journey followed a unique path to the dental profession. As a junior in high school, he discovered a hidden passion for dentistry, so he began to obtain the necessary knowledge and skills to become a dentist.
Dr. Bauer headed off to the University of Nebraska at Lincoln to pursue his goal. His academic performance was so impressive that he was accepted into the University of Nebraska College of Dentistry before he even completed his undergraduate degree.
Four years later, after countless hours of study and extensive training, he graduated from the University of Nebraska College of Dentistry, earning his doctorate degree. Dr. Bauer then moved back home to Hastings, Nebraska and took over Dr. Loren Beck’s dental practice. Dr. Robert Howard later joined the practice as a partner.
Dr. Bauer has always relied on advanced technology to provide our patients with the best possible care. In the early 1990’s, Dr. Bauer was one of the first dentists in Nebraska to computerize his office.
He’s also invested in state-of-the-art equipment, including laser dentistry, CAD-CAM crown and bridge imaging, 3D Cone-Beam X-rays, and digital full-mouth scanning. This allows Dr. Bauer and our dental teams in Hastings and Doniphan to retrieve the most accurate impressions of our patient’s mouths and utilize this information to create precise treatment plans.
For patients who are anxious about visiting the dentist, we also feature minimal oral conscious sedation.
Education and Professional Associations
Since Dr. Howard retired early in 2018, Dr. Bauer is now the primary dentist at Bauer & Howard Dental Care. He’s currently working towards his certifications at the prestigious Misch International Implant Institute where he’s attended three seminars in order to master his skills and knowledge about dental implantology.
Dr. Bauer’s persistent passion is apparent in the implant care we provide. If you have one or more missing teeth caused by trauma or any other reason, we’ll gently provide you with attractive prosthetic replacement teeth. You can rest assured that Dr. Bauer and our team will be there for you during each step of the implant process.
Professional associations and certifications that Dr. Chuck Bauer has received during his 40 years of service include:
- Member–The Nebraska Board of Dentistry
- Member–The International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Mentor at the University of Nebraska Dental College
- Associate of the Hastings Community Hygiene
- Associate of the Dental Assisting Program
Meet Dr. John Neuhaus
Dr. John Neuhaus is a dentist in Nebraska who’s recently joined our team at Hastings Family Dental. He attended the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry where he earned his doctorate and he’s been providing personalized dental care for patients in Nebraska since 2004.
Dr. Neuhaus is an expert in cosmetic, family, and IV sedation dentistry. In order to stay up-to-date with this demanding field, Dr. Neuhaus spends a lot of his spare time learning as much as he can about restorative care by taking continuing education courses and staying current with the dental literature.
With an outstanding and personable attitude, our patients really appreciate the time he takes to thoroughly discuss treatment plans in advance. They also admire how he uses his friendly and compassionate demeanor to keep people at ease.
In his time away from his own practice, Modern Dentistry in Grand Island, NE, Dr. Neuhaus is an active member of several community groups, including Rotary, the Knights of Columbus, and Digital Smile Design. Dr. Neuhaus lives with Erin, his beautiful wife of 13 years, and their four young children. He really enjoys a good game of basketball with his buddies when he can find the time.
Dr. Neuhaus is a member of several dental associations and he continues to find opportunities to advance his knowledge and skills in the field of dentistry. His certifications include:
- Member–The American Dental Association
- Member–The Nebraska Dental Association
- Mentor at the Kois Center, Advancing Dentistry through Science
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose a dental implant provider?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best implant dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience as well as peace of mind, choose a dentist who is located near you. Dental implants require multiple appointments over the course of several months, so you don’t want to stray too far from your home.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist but with the entire practice. Visit the office and talk with other staff members to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dental implant provider?
If you’re looking for an implant dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure all of your needs will be met. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- How many dental implants have you placed?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?